SockMonkey are looking for experienced UNREAL PROGRAMMERS to work on a number of projects, including licensed IP, and original games. Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Lead Programmer, responsibilities include programming game systems, solving technical problems and debugging. The ideal candidates are passionate about programming and games, work well as part of a team, and looking to join an exciting and growing studio.
As a studio, we are happy for staff to work remotely, hybrid or in the office depending on their preferred choice of work.
- 2+ years of games programming with Unreal
- Worked on at least one game in a professional studio
- Work with other disciplines to implement gameplay and UI elements to their specification, and ensure clear communication
- Write high-quality, well commented code
- Familiar with source control systems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to estimate project complexity and timescales
- A clear understanding of game development working practices and challenges
- Strong maths skills
- Experience on multiple gaming platforms
- Ability to assess task/timings to assist in schedule production
- Experience assessing, working with, and debugging other programmers code
- Programming for consoles including an understanding of the certification process
- Liaise with QA to fix bugs
- Experience of tools development
SockMonkey Studios are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.