SockMonkey are looking for a SENIOR 3D ARTIST to work on a number of projects, including licensed IP, and original games. Managing a team of artists, you will work on an exciting range of projects creating player characters, creatures, and enemies for a variety of different game types and styles. The ideal candidates are passionate about art and games, work well as part of a team, and looking to join an exciting and growing studio.
As a studio, we are happy for staff to work remotely, hybrid or in the office depending on their preferred choice of work.
- At least 7 years of industry experience and 2+ years in a similar or leadership role
- A fantastic portfolio of shipped titles
- Able to lead a team consisting of both experienced and newly graduated artists
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and lead new and different styles for new gaming titles, as well as direct existing styles
- Ability to sculpt/model and texture both high-resolution and low polygon characters
- Ability to produce meshes that have a good structure and are suitable for animation
- Ability to work in a variety of styles
- Good understanding of anatomy
- Ability to create normal maps using Maya/Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Ability to map characters with high-quality textures utilizing photo manipulation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Experience with shaders
- A strong understanding of character design with respect to a target audience with the skills to create iconic characters
- At least 2+ years in a similar role
- Game engine experience (Unity or Unreal)
- Hard Surface modeling experience
- Technical art experience
- Shaders and material creation ability
- Scripting experience
SockMonkey Studios are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.