SockMonkey are looking for experienced SENIOR / LEAD PROGRAMMERS to work on a number of exciting projects, including licensed IP, and original games.
Leading small teams, and reporting to the CTO, in addition to programming you will lead, mentor, train and set coding standards across your team. The ideal candidates are passionate about programming, are great communicators, and looking to have a significant impact on an exciting and growing studio.
- 7+ years of professional games programming
- Numerous Console / PC titles shipped
- Vast experience of working with Unreal
- Familiar with source control systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience guiding and leading other programmers
- To be able to establish best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards
- Work with other disciplines to understand their requirements and work proactively with them to ensure any limitations are clearly communicated and understood
- Ability to estimate project complexity and timescales
- Experience and understanding of console certification processes
- Have worked with external contractors, development teams and publishers
- Experience leading a team of 5+ programmers
- Experience of tools development
- Ability to estimate work project complexity and timescales
- Previous multiplayer development experience
SockMonkey Studios are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.