SockMonkey have a rare and fantastic opportunity to join their award winning video games development team as an IT TECHNICIAN.
The role includes working with the Management Team to focus on creating and maintaining a world class technology environment and helping to build SockMonkey's profile in the global games industry. Responsibilities include installing, maintaining and managing key IT Systems critical to the business, developing new systems for all departments, advising / managing the hardware and software of the development team, as well as bringing your energy, enthusiasm and creative drive to our amazing team.
This is a great opportunity for someone driven by success to have a real impact in helping shape and grow the studio.
- At least 3 years in a similar role, preferably in the games industry.
- Effectively trouble shoot I.T. related problems and work with the CTO to plan resolutions and report on root cause analysis and prevention
- Log and work on IT tasks as required; such as purchase, change request, domain administration and support to all staff
- Ensure I.T. business services on which the company operates are up to date and performing at a high level
- Ensure backups are working as expected and complete test recovery checks as per the Backup policy of the company
- Work closely with the Management Team on I.T. business improvements
- Develop and update I.T. policies for the business
- Actively keep up to date on new technologies and advise on the business benefit they can provide the company
- Maintain existing relationships and new contacts with technology providers and console platform holders
- Experience of working with Office365 environment including security and compliance tools
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills to understand and organise complex requirements.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- A positive and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Security and Compliance experience in a modern IT environment
- Similar experience in a video game development studio
- Health and Safety requirements of modern computer installations
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Understanding of High Availability, Backup, Disaster Recovery strategies and Business Continuity Planning
- An awareness of GDPR and the impact to system development and the wider business
- Project Management experience
SockMonkey Studios are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.