SockMonkey are looking for an experienced PEOPLE & CULTURE BUSINESS PARTNER to strengthen our team. In this position, you will actively participate in defining and evolving our talent management strategy. You will build strong relationships with both managers and employees, and you will participate in the development of our culture through the development of appropriate policies and tools.
As a studio, we are happy for staff to work remotely, hybrid or in the office depending on their preferred choice of work.
- Propose, develop and implement effective People & Culture policies and practices that will support our strategic growth, in partnership with leadership;
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational structure and people-related strategy;
- Mentor/coach and guide all levels of management to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills;
- Lead core P&C processes such as performance management, compensation cycle, promotions, onboarding, offboarding, talent management and development, employee relations etc.);
- Build credibility and trust among employees and collaborate with the P&C team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results;
- Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through;
- Review and analyse business metrics including data on employee experience to recommend continuous improvements;
- Help develop and maintain the SockMonkey way;
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the recruiting process with the Talent Acquisition team to grow the studio.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or industrial relations;
- 5-7 years of experience as a People & Culture Business Partner in the video game industry or related field;
- Previous experience as a Talent Acquisition Partner (an asset);
- Data-driven and result oriented;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills at all management levels;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the United Kingdom labour laws;
- Adapts easily to new situations;
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders at the same time;
- Shows creativity, initiative and innovation in suggested solutions
- Works effectively in a constantly changing environment.
SockMonkey Studios are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.